Eco-Tourism is defined as "responsible travel to natural areas that conserves the environment and improves the well-being of local people." (TIES, 1990)
Principles of Ecotourism:
Ecotourism is about uniting conservation, communities, and sustainable travel. It means those who implement and participate in ecotourism activities should follow the below principles:
- Minimize impact.
- Build environmental and cultural awareness and respect.
- Provide positive experiences for both visitors and hosts.
- Provide direct financial benefits for conservation.
- Provide financial benefits and empowerment for local people.
- Raise sensitivity to host states political, environmental, and social climate.
For getting accomodation in Eco tourism sites please log on to Odisha Forest Development Corporation website https://www.ecotourodisha.com.
There are a number of Eco-Tourism destinations both inside and outside the Sanctuaries and National Parks in Odisha. Minimal camping, trekking and nature exploration facilities are proposed to be developed at these sites to attract nature lovers. The identified sites are as follow;